Wild Asia’s Academy for Sustainable Management is a leadership programme for owners and manager of oil palm. This course has been designed to prepare participants to be both RSPO- and MSPO-ready by giving them the tools, understanding and practical examples to help them understand how to incorporate sustainable management in their own operations.
This course aims to provide the fundamental understanding of sustainable palm oil (SPO) management from the basis of quality and sustainability standards, as specified by MSPO and RSPO requirements. By the end of this course, the growers will gain a better understanding of practical steps and be BOTH RSPO and MSPO ready. In completing all sessions producers will be well placed to embark on a certification programme.
Who Should Attend
Who is this Course for
- Small Growers (Individuals or SME) of 50-500 ha or larger holdings (above 500 ha)
- Small Growers (Individuals or SME) of larger holdings (above 500 ha)
- Medium Growers, with more than one Estate Unit (above 500 ha)
The course was designed to give a basic understanding and also to provide templates and exercises that help owners and management to better understand how their own operations are currently managed. We hope that we would not only ensure that course participants will gain more knowledge, but also, that they are able to apply it within their own production units.
To receive a credit for this course, you must be registered for the course and completed the following:
- Marked all lessons as complete
- Completed all assignments successfully
- Attain a minimum score in the final quiz
If you have successfully completed all the course material you will be issued with a credit from Wild Asia @ Credly that will be made available to you.
We have estimated that the course will take XX days (online lectures), or about XXX hours of study time. The assignments are estimated to take XX weeks (YY days) to complete. This involves:
- Reading the Course Presentations
- Watching the accompanying Commentary
- Watching and reading the supplementary material
- Completing the course quiz
- Completing the assignments