Endorsed by the RSPO, this is a foundation-level course which provides an overview of the RSPO Certification System. This course will provide the necessary background to help in understanding what is the RSPO certification system. The course is built on the RSPO core documentation available and is presented in both lectures, video commentary and extensive supporting documentation (downloadable & viewed online).
The RSPO certification system is made up of three core elements:
- Certification standards: the sustainability requirements (principles & criteria) which must be met.
- Accreditation requirements: the approval mechanism for the organisations which undertake certification.
- Certification process requirements: the required process for establishing whether the standard has been met.
The course is run exclusively online. There will be a final evaluation assessment at the end of the course.
A course credit is required in this course to meet the requirements of Wild Asia’s RSPO Lead Auditor Plus Course.
Who Should Attend
Who is this Course for
The course is designed for auditors and basic learners. The course is conducted in English and does require good competency in the language. The course has been designed to provide the basic foundation knowledge to be able to understand the production standards as defined by the the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
To receive a credit for this course, you must be registered for the course and have completed the following:
- Completed all Parts of this course
- Marked all lessons as complete
- Attain a minimum score in the final quiz
If you have successfully completed all the course material you will be issued with a credit from Wild Asia @ Credly that will be made available to you.
A course credit is required in this course to be able to successfully complete the course requirements of Wild Asia’s RSPO Lead Auditor Plus Course.
This online course is estimated to take 1 day, or about 5 hours of study time, to complete.
- Reading the Course Presentations
- Watching the accompanying Commentary
- Watching and reading the supplementary material
- Completing the course evaluation & feedback